An aquarium that stands out from the crowd surely seals the deal for all aquarium enthusiasts. Going for the standard Aquariums with a mundane look can be boring for a lot of people. If you want to make heads turn, then invest in a bow front aquarium that takes a unique curve that’s sure to leave people in awe as they walk by.
Bow front aquarium comprises a unique curved shape and these aquariums tend to be more expensive than flat ones. These fish tanks make it easy for the big fishes to conveniently take a turn, owing to their curvy shape. Not just that, but bow front aquariums can take up less space than rectangular aquariums.
Does The Shape Of An Aquarium Matter?
It’s very important to give consideration to the shape of the aquarium because the shape can have a direct impact on the underwater environment. For example, long tanks provide greater surface area and reduce depth, while high tanks offer great depth, but reduced surface area. Similarly, a rectangular aquarium can make it hard for your fish to turn because of the rigid straight walls, while a bow front aquarium will allow them to naturally make a turn because of the curved shape.
Why Should You Have A Bow Front Aquarium?
Here are some of the reasons why you should invest in a bow front aquarium:
- Spacious for Fishes – Improved Health
Since a bow front aquarium allows more surface area and depth for the fishes, they can roam around with ease. The more water in your aquarium, the more your fishes will be healthy. This is because if there’s more water in the tank, you can conveniently control the level of ammonia and nitrate levels. The curve at the front allows the fish to have enough space to optimize their health and growth.
- Unique Display – Statement Piece
If you want to have a statement-making piece of aquarium at your home and make your home interior the best, then having a bow front aquarium in a corner wall would be your best bet. It’s a great feeling to experience when your fish tank is different than that of others. Not only will it give your home a brand new and modern look, but your fishes will thank you for it too!
Factors to Consider Before Buying A Bow Front Aquarium
If you’ve made up your mind that you want to buy a bow front aquarium, then you should consider the factors mentioned below before making your picks.
- Filtration System
This is the key element that you need to consider before buying a bow front aquarium. Filtration system is important because it keeps your tank clean. If your package does not include that, then you’ll have to buy one separately. You should see if the package has a multi stage filtration system included that offers biological, chemical and mechanical filtration.
- Heating Element
If you are planning to keep tropical fishes in your aquarium, then you must invest in a heating system or buy an aquarium that includes a heating system. Tropical fishes thrive in narrow temperature margin, hence maintaining the ideal temperature for them becomes necessary for their health and optimal growth.
Another important factor to consider would be the lighting. This is important because if you have aquatic plants embedded into your tank substrate, then this will make it look more attractive. Not just that, but attractive colors of LED lights can make a fish tank look great. Also, the fishes need to align themselves with day and night cycle for which lighting becomes essential. Make sure your tank has LED light and UV light for the plants and fishes, or else, you’ll have to buy them separately.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. When you follow a link to purchase the products, I sometime earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.
Without further ado, let’s head onto the list.
1. Koller Products AP1500IF
Looking for the perfect blend of style, beauty, and elegance in your living room? Sparkle your ambiance with this beautiful Koller Products Aquarium that’ll light up your mood and your view.
- Energy Efficient so that you don’t have to worry about your bills sparking up
- Seven different dazzling and enchanting LED Lights Illuminating your space with the options between daylight white, green, blue aqua, amber, purple, and red
- Strong and robust power filter that purifies and cleans the aquarium at a steady rate of 25 gallons per hour.
- Tetra Whisper S Filter Cartridge for highly efficient cleaning and purification removal of all types of organic pollutants including odor, heavy metals, colors, and toxic gases.
- An in-built daylight timer to set the lighting variation between every 2 or 4 hours with just a single click.
- High-quality impact-resistant plastic surface with impeccable clarity resonating a high-quality glass for maximum viewing delight.
- Ergonomic build with strong durability through the silicone housing and robust glue that holds the aquarium firmly in place to avoid leakage.
- Highly convenient setup.
2. Aqueon 100544522
One of the finest and most elegant household aquariums/ fish tanks being equipped with SmartClean technology and a multitude of other features makes this aquarium the ideal choice for your living room.
- Highly efficient and state-of-the-art SmartClean Technology to perform water changes in under 2 minutes only.
- Advanced filtration process for improved water quality.
- Comes with an aquarium vessel for added convenience
- An ideal choice for small fish.
- Ideal for beginners as it contains a comprehensive and easy-to-abide setup guide
- Equipped with the highly convenient Aqueon Small Replacement Cartridge
3. Eurostyle Bowfront
Were you on the lookout for a fish tank that not only strikes elegance but comes at a decent, yet manageable size, coupled with nifty features that’ll allow the fish enthusiast to take full advantage of this functional fish tank. If that’s the case then the Eurostyle Bowfront is for you.
- Extremely easy to clean with portable and swappable features.
- Made up of high quality glass that is strong, durable, and leak-proof.
- Coming in with convenient and ergonomic Dimensions of 15.75 by 9.45 by 9.45 making it the ideal choice for your living room.
- A total water capacity of 6.1 Gallons that is sufficient to hold small to medium fishes between 5 to 7.
- Rugged and sturdily built fish tank with a glass thickness of 3.16 inches making it impact resistant.
4. Aquatop 39001179
The Aquatop 39001179 is an amazing bowfront fish aquarium that’ll light up your mood and your ambiance in no time. With a modern and minimalistic design, this aquarium features a solid build and comes with advanced filtration and other features that makes it worth your time.
- Classic Bowfront Desktop design with a sleek and contemporary look
- High graded clarity coupled with low iron glass polished to perfection that fits nicely with the beveled edges
- Ergonomic build with unmatched durability coming with a high graded silicon to prevent leakage
- Designed specifically for fishes and safe for fresh and saltwater providing years of unparalleled usage
- Comes with an advanced filtration pump with an adjustable flow allowing you to fully customize the media as well.
- An in-built ultra bright light LED light equipped with the SkyAqua Mini 6500K featuring daylight as well as lunar modes.
- Highly energy efficient with only 10 watts of lighting power.
- Safe and secure anti-slip design with dedicated glass mounting clips with anti-slip pad to ensure the aquarium is in place.
5. Hygger Horizon
The Hygger Horizon aquarium is exactly as the name describes it, it’s striking to say the least. Evoking a beautiful touch of design elements coupled with the minimalistic exterior, the aquarium is marvelous to look at.
- Highly robust and advanced internal power filter running at 7watts at a continuous rate if 110 gallons per hour
- Beautifully placed and designed color LED acting ad the aquarium light
- Illuminating and striking aquarium decorative with 3D rockery and an evoking terrain as background
- Multi-mide LER lights running at 18watts with an external digital control to set the intensity and lighting variation
- Highly quiet motor operations
- 2 stage filtration process for advanced filtering and prevention from dirt, debris, and all kinds of Impurities
- State of the art aesthetics with a contemporary curved glass design made to perfection with sturdy and top notch materials
- Special 3 layered packaging for to ensure that aquarium is delivered in one piece without even the slightest of damage
6. Fluval Flex 15006
You may confuse this fish tank as a microwave, but let us assure that that it’s not. Featuring a timeless and modern design, this fish tank is all you’d want to look at, once you lay a glance upon it. The Fluval flex is one of the most beautiful and striking aquariums that you’d come across, which is why this fish tank has the possibility of becoming the next highlight reel of your living room.
- 15-gallom sufficient capacity ideal for small to medium fishes ranging between 5 to 7
- Bold design elements with a curved front glass designed to perfection
- A high quality 7500K LED lamp that is designed and placed to enhance and support plant growth while amplifying the beautiful colors of your fish and the marine life
- Fully adjustable RGBs for an Illuminating effect and including special effects like facing cloud cover, lightning bolts, and many others
- Robust and powerful three stage filtration for unparalleled water quality
- Includes an enhanced spefial mechanical foam, carbon filter, and biomax for advanced purity
- Customized water flow enabled through multi-directional dual outputs
- A stylish and highly functional rear filter that acts as an honeycomb wrap allowing to cancel water line and sides of the aquay
7. Tetra Connect NV84034
An advanced fish tank aquarium with an elegant design? Yes, we’re talking about the Tetra Connect NV84034 that is equipped with the finest materials and filters allowing your living room to light your and your fish to live healthily.
- A regilated and controlled aquarium with an in-bykt Wi-Fi chip/ feeder allowing you to control your aquarium’s environment through the convenience of your smartphone
- Dedicated WiFi enabled RGB sticks with Illuminating lighting effects
- Customizable lights allowing you to create your own version of lighting and effects
- Soundless operation with the Tetra Whisper IQ filtration system
- Adequate and optimized feeding enabled through the 96-mL capacity food chamber that prevents clogging
- An all inclusive all-in-one cleaning kit including a starter kit for added convenience
8. SeaClear X1010012460
This fish tank is exactly as the name describes it, Sea Clear. If you were looking for a household aquarium that is reminiscent of the scenic beauty of the sea, then this one would not disappoint. Despite being smaller in size, the quality and the clarity om this one is impeccable.
- All inclusive combo with reflecture and electrical light fixture
- View Enhancing technology with high graded clarity designed to amplify the beautiful colors of your fish and illuminate the background
- High grade acrylic material is used instead of glass which is more robust and durable and offers unmatched clarity being 17 times stronger than glass and only half its weight
- Impact resistant surface for durability and longevity
- Engineered and designed to be safe from Salt or Freshwater.
9. North American X10-101-53468
A minimalistic fish tank with an elegance that’s unmatched, you’re looking at the North American X10 here. Peeking a glance on it, you’d want this fish tank in your living room right away. With the right set of features and charming elegance, this one’s a must.
- Bowfront aquarium style made with the highest quality acrylic ensuring robustness, durability, resilience, and high grade clarity
- Elevated and beautifully curved front for lighting up your living room with style and elegance
- Beautiful cobalt blue background that elevates and amplifies the marine life and makes the decorations inside pop out.
- 36-inch LED lighting for an Illuminating view.
- Impact resistance surface that is 17 times stronger than glass.
10. Penn-Plax Water World LM2
The Pen Plax Water World LM2 is just too good to look at. As amazing as it looks, the included features and combos would leave you in awe and would want you to immediately cash out and decorate your living room with this aquarium.
- Futuristic design with unmatched aesthetics and a blend of materials.
- Large spacious aquarium with a capacity of 58 gallons with a glossy black top cover and gold accents
- Made with the finest quality acrylic that is 17 times stronger than glass
- High graded exceptional clarity to make your fish view beautiful and striking
- 360-degree timeless view evoking great ambiance and unmatched viewing angles
- High-quality and advanced filtration and Aeration system constructed to perfection.
- Remote-operated multi-color LED lights to spark up your view and ambiance even more.
Bow-front aquariums have a charm that is second to none. You should be investing in one too. Keep in mind that you can integrate a modern and futuristic design too. For example, keeping it in a corner wall to save space and protect it from UV rays, in case you are buying a bow front acrylic aquarium. That having said, you can even keep big fish in your tank to make it look beautiful.
Be sure to maintain the appropriate pH levels and clean it timely to avoid algae growth. The day and night lighting should be automatic so that you don’t have to keep tabs on it and the fishes can adjust to the cycle easily too. Besides that, it would be advisable to invest in equipment like heaters and coolers for particular species, as it will be beneficial in the long run.